Rockwell Collins offers internships and co-op opportunities throughout our company and geographical locations. Program areas include engineering, information technology, corporate, operations, accounting and finance, sales and marketing and program management.
Summer Engineering Projects
Our Summer Engineering Projects Program (SEPP) gives students a unique opportunity to make a difference. Student teams are paired with dedicated mentors to complete select engineeringprojects that have specific milestones and deadlines. Available to interns at junior, senior andgraduate levels, the program gives students real-life experience while helping Rockwell Collinsmeet business needs. View the 2014 SEPP project list.
Our co-op program, gives students the chance to work on innovative projects and real world work assignments while taking a temporary break from course work toward your A.S., B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. degree.
What we have to offer
In addition to professional experience in an innovative company, we offer our interns and coop several benefits:
- Career development, networking, online training, mentoring and more, available to help students continue growing in their chosen field. Visit Career Development to learn more.
- Eligibility for interns to buy medical, dental and vision insurance coverage, if needed, through Rockwell Collins.
- Holiday pay for holidays that occur while you're working with us.
- Tuition reimbursement eligibility for one core class per year based on company tuition guidelines.
- Savings plan – 401(k) eligibility - Rockwell Collins will match 50 percent of the intern's contributions up to 8 percent of pay.
- Travel reimbursement and housing allowance - if the student lives beyond a 50-mile radius of our work location, he or she may be reimbursed for travel expenses and qualify for a furnished apartment, utilities included.
- Educational leave of absence (co-ops only) We grant co-op students an educational leave of absence from the time they return to school until they rejoin Rockwell Collins. Thisallows them to continue earning service time with the company while attending school.